On June 14th 2018, Rob Bekker (Bejo seed company) organized an evaluation and feedback workshop of the onion varietal trial pilot project in Myingyan, Mandalay region, in collaboration with Price Agri. In this workshop, a total of 25 people participated, amongst others the District Officer of the Department of Agriculture (DoA) in Myingyan, township officers, key farmers, and (board) members of the Onion traders association in Myingyan. The District Officer of DoA provided an opening speech followed by the presentation of Mr. Bekker about the background of the company, seed production processes and overview of onion trade in the world, as well as the good experience of onion production in Heho, Shan State. After that, feedback and experiences of key farmers, traders and of 999 Company in testing 14 onion varieties with direct drilling practices in Myingyan district were discussed. Moreover, the samples of 14 different varieties of onion were displayed and the participants selected their preferred 2-3 varieties.
- VegImpact closing seminar organized in Yangon November 5, 2019
- Evers Specials organizes a mungbean quality workshop in the Yangon Delta October 29, 2019
- Evers Specials finalized testing on mungbean sprouting quality September 10, 2019
- Another succesful field day event organized in Hpa An Township, Kayin State June 18, 2019
- Succesful onion field days in Myingyan and Pakokku (Dry Zone) April 4, 2019