On June 14th 2018, Rob Bekker (Bejo seed company) organized an evaluation and feedback workshop of the onion varietal trial pilot project in Myingyan, Mandalay region, in collaboration with Price Agri. In this workshop, a total of 25 people participated, amongst others the District Officer of the Department of Agriculture (DoA) in Myingyan, township officers, key farmers, and (board) members of the Onion traders association in Myingyan. The District Officer of DoA provided an opening speech followed by the presentation of Mr. Bekker about the background of the company, seed production processes and overview of onion trade in the world, as well as the good experience of onion production in Heho, Shan State. After that, feedback and experiences of key farmers, traders and of 999 Company in testing 14 onion varieties with direct drilling practices in Myingyan district were discussed. Moreover, the samples of 14 different varieties of onion were displayed and the participants selected their preferred 2-3 varieties.
- Succesful onion field days in Myingyan and Pakokku (Dry Zone) April 4, 2019
- Over 1,000 farmers participated in Field Days of VegCap and VegImpact Myanmar February 14, 2019
- Kramer ProSeeder introduced in Myanmar January 9, 2019
- EWS reports on first year tomato and onion pilots December 20, 2018
- Omnivent Techniek sends two onion storage systems to Myanmar for piloting purposes November 15, 2018